Avenue Bread Reopens All Locations for Takeout Effective May 1, 2020
This week Avenue Bread announced they will be reopening all four cafe
locations for takeout, effective May 1, 2020. Three locations are in Bellingham including the
James Street cafe, the Downtown cafe located on Railroad Avenue and the Fairhaven cafe.
In addition, they have one cafe located in Lynden.
All cafes will be open 8am to 2pm daily, with
the James Street location being open an additional hour until 3pm daily.
Wendy DeFreest, Avenue Bread Owner, noted that thanks to the support of the local
community, the business has been able to make this decision. Until now, only their James
Street location was currently open since mid-March. With this decision, almost all employees will be returning to work.
Offerings during the stay home, stay healthy orders include:
- A limited menu, available on their website. Fresh baked bread may also be added to
- All orders must be paid over the phone or through their website with a credit card, to
encourage less interaction between customers and staff.
- Customers can call in their order directly at 360-715-3354.
- Delivery service is available in Bellingham via Viking Foods and in Lynden via Viking
- Gift certificates are available for purchase.
- Take and Bake items are available for purchase at the James Street cafe.
- Catering services with delivery are available via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Avenue Bread: Established in 1995, Avenue Bread has been in operation for 25 years.
It is owned by Wendy & John DeFreest. Avenue Bread has been voted Best Sandwich in
Whatcom County for more than 10 years in a row!