Governor Amends Mandates for Real Estate Industry
Governor Inslee agreed to certain modifications to the Stay Home, Stay Healthy Order for the Real Estate Industry. Several of the original restrictions on in-person activities have been revised, provided that strict protocols for social distancing are implemented.
The protocols that must be followed for the permitted in-person activities include:
- Those two persons must strictly follow social distancing guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) by remaining at least six feet apart at all times.
- No more than two people, including the broker, may be at the property at any one time
- In-Person activities must be by appointment only.
The revisions to the Order are limited to allow the following in-person activities, provided the above protocols are followed:
- Previews and SHOWINGS of listings by appointment only;
- Listing presentations, photography, and creating virtual tours for new listings. Note: professional photographers ate not considered “essential,” thus all photos must be taken by the broker or seller.
- INSPECTIONS for pending transactions;
- APPRAISALS for pending transactions;
- Buyer walk-throughs for pending transactions prior to closing;
- Providing keys to buyers at closing.