ABILITREK OFFERS ACCESSIBILITY CERTIFICATION
Certification indicates businesses have an inclusive environment that provides accessibility to all potential customers. Certification is backed with a window decal.
An onsite evaluation will be provided annually for members in order to obtain certification. Certification will be based on the following criteria:
- Bathroom(s): There is a clear, flat path to the bathroom with access to the toilet with grab bars and locks easily reached that can be handled without twisting. Sink area is accessible.
- Entrance(s)/labeled alternate access: Anyone using a mobility aid has a clear path to the entrance, with no stairs and with a small or no gradient. The door is easily opened. If access is via an accessible alternative entrance, it is clearly labeled/unlocked.
- Seating (if any): Anyone using a mobility aid has a clear, accessible path to the seating. The tables (if any) are a typical restaurant-style, not a low coffee table or bistro-style table.
- Service(s): Anyone using a mobility aid has a clear, accessible path to the service provided. Service counters (if any) are at an accessible height for a wheelchair user.
- Closed Captioning: All motion picture sources are captioned.
BENEFITS OF CERTIFICATION:
For the community: The community will easily be able to identify which businesses are accessible to the disability community regarding mobility. This will allow many people to know where it is and is not accessible to them.
For you as a business: Your business will be recognized as welcoming to the disability community. Receive the program’s member-only quarterly newsletter with inclusive tips and positive press on the AbiliTrek website, and possibly on Sustainable Connections’ website.
INTRODUCTORY ANNUAL FEE PER LOCATION:
- Chamber Members: $75.00
- Non-Members: $100.00
- Onsite Access Consulting
- Disability Etiquette Training
- Website & App Access Consulting
- Speaking on Disability
To become a member of the ACP, please contact Kyann Flint at email@example.com.