Community members who are interested in training for a new career or pursuing their education are invited to learn more about Bellingham Technical College’s (BTC) programs and certificates with a week of free information sessions April 29–May 2.
The events had previously been set for February but had to be canceled and rescheduled due to the snowy weather.
Each event starts at 5:30 p.m. in BTC’s G Building with a brief introduction of the evening’s featured programs and information about how to get started at BTC, followed by opportunities to tour two different programs, visit their labs and meet their instructors. The event on Thursday, May 2, will start at Perry Center for Fisheries & Aquaculture Sciences, which houses BTC’s Fisheries & Aquaculture Sciences program.
These info session nights are free and open to the community. Prospective students and their family members are welcome to attend. Admissions specialists will be on hand throughout the evening to answer questions about how to get started at BTC.
Explore Transportation & Industrial Technology programs Monday, April 29:
· Automotive Collision Repair
· Automotive Technology
· Diesel Technology
Learn about Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering Tuesday, April 30:
· Engineering Technology (Clean Energy, Civil, Composites, Electronics, Geomatics and Mechanical Design)
· Industrial Maintenance & Mechatronics
· Instrumentation & Control Technology
· Process Technology and Water & Wastewater Treatment
· Bachelor of Applied Science degrees: Engineering Technology and Operations Management
Check out Business, IT and Culinary Arts Wednesday, May 1:
· Business Management
· Computer Networking
· Computer Software Support
· Administrative Assistant
· Legal Administrative Assistant
· Culinary Arts
· Pastry Arts
Get to know BTC’s Fisheries & Aquaculture Sciences program Thursday, May 2:
· Instructors will host drop-in tours every 20 minutes from 5:30–7:30 p.m. at Perry Center for Fisheries & Aquaculture Sciences, located at 600 C St. in Maritime Heritage Park
Sign up now at www.btc.edu/infosession
About Bellingham Technical College
Bellingham Technical College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, and offers seven transfer degrees such as pre-nursing, computer science and business. Completion of these degrees prepares BTC students to transfer with a junior status to participating colleges and universities in Washington State. BTC offers 39 associate degree, 55 certificate options and two bachelor of applied science degrees providing professional technical education to support local and regional industry workforce needs. For more information, go to www.btc.edu.
For more news, events, and photos from the college follow us on www.facebook.com/bellinghamtech, www.twitter.com/bhamtechcollege and www.instagram.com/bellinghamtechcollege.