Join us for the final Chamber Speaker Series speech of the year. Short-term rentals is a hot topic with wide-ranging opinions.
- Do short-term rentals take customers away from hotels, affecting local hospitality jobs?
- Or are they a harmless income stream for those willing to rent to short-timers?
- Are they reducing the number of housing units that could be sold to full-time residents?
We'll hear from a panel representing tourism, the hotel/motel industry, city planning and development to discuss the pros and cons of this issue.
- Sandy Ward, Bellingham Whatcom County Tourism
- Keith Coleman, Springhill Suites & Towneplace Suites by Marriott
- Peter Frazier, Owner & Manager of local short-term rental properties
- Iris Maute-Gibson, City of Bellingham Planning Commissioner
The Chamber Speaker Series is presented by BP Cherry Point.